Capitol Jobs Marketplace
Posted: March 18, 2019
Organization: Legislative Service Bureau
Job Title: Telecom System Administrator
The employee in this position is responsible for the administration and maintenance of the telecommunications systems and services provided to State of Michigan Legislative employees. The individual manages the PBX system(s) – both hardware and software – in supporting individual desk phones, office suite set ups, conference calling, voice mail, and fax line services. He/she is called upon to provide project management and coordinate activities with end users (customers), vendors, telecom service providers, and technicians in ensuring our systems are properly maintained and monitored and that service delivery remains at a constantly high level. The individual will also negotiate, analyze, and recommend maintenance contract proposals for the hardware and software components of the telecommunications systems. Additionally, the individual will create and provision email accounts and mailboxes along with instant messaging services. As a member of the Information Technologies Division, the employee will also assist in answering, logging, and responding to calls placed to the ITD help desk as first and second level of support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of Avaya PBX administration including proficiency in using Communications Manager 5.2 and above.
- One year of experience in administering a voicemail messaging system.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime – including holidays - as required.
- Must be willing and able to respond on evenings and weekends to system alerts and/or service affecting problems.
How to Apply:
Online applications only are being accepted through the State of Michigan’s NEOGOV system at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/michigan. Applicants must include a resume, copy of college transcripts, and cover letter as separate attachments in their online application for full consideration.