Capitol Jobs Marketplace
Posted: January 15, 2020
Organization: Legislative Service Bureau
Job Title: Legislative Editor
This employee proofreads and edits complex legislative documents in a team environment. Reviews, edits, and proofreads legislation, amendments to legislation, legal memorandum and correspondence, tables, and reports according to a prescribed legislative style. May assist with editing other legal publications. Makes suggestions for improving word clarity and thought coherency in complex legal documents. Work is performed on paper or online, either individually or by reading aloud with another legislative editor.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum one year of experience in proofreading and editing required.
- Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to work in team environment with a strong customer-service orientation.
- Knowledge of correct spelling, English usage, syntax, punctuation, and grammatical rules required.
- Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, and changing work priorities.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime and irregular hours as required, including weekends, evenings, and holidays as well as on a scheduled on-call basis.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
Pay Range: Minimum of $21.45 per hour
How to Apply:
Online applications only are being accepted through the State of Michigan’s NEOGOV system at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/michigan. Applicants must include the following three items as separate attachments in their online application in order to be considered: 1) cover letter, 2) resume and 3) copy of college transcripts. The deadline to apply is 5 p.m. Tuesday, February 4, 2020.